GWO Sea Survival Refresher Training Course Overview
This BSTR GWO Sea Survival Refresher module is designed to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills through open questions and practical training. Delegates shall be able to act safely and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel or WTG (Wind Turbine Generator) and vice versa, both during normal operation and in an emergency in an offshore wind turbine environment.
For those looking to undertake initial entry training in this area: GWO Sea Survival Training Course
For those looking to refresh/revalidate all 5 Basic Safety Training (BST) elements, visit: GWO Refresher Training Package – Offshore
At the end of the module, delegates should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning.
- Demonstrate understanding of the advantages and limitations of the different Life Saving Appliances (LSA), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PPE) commonly used offshore in the wind energy industry and are able to don and use them accordingly.
- Demonstrate knowledge of risks related to transfers (dynamic/static – static/dynamic).
- Demonstrate safe transfer from vessel to dock, vessel to foundation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the emergency and safety