STCW Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention Course Overview
STCW Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention is designed to provide those seeking/requiring Certificates of Competence, able seafarers, UK watch ratings and others with specified survival duties on board a ship with the essential education and training in fire prevention and fire fighting which meets the knowledge, understanding and proficiency set out in the STCW code.
NOTE – If you require the refresher STCW Updated Proficiency in Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention please click the link provided
This STCW 2010 course provides both a practical and theoretical mixture of training.
- Fire theory
- Causes of ignition
- Onboard safety
- The conditions required for fire
- Methods to extinguish fire
- The spread of fire
- Classes of fire
- Carrying out the initial actions on discovering a fire
- Identifying the environment
- Correctly using portable and mobile fire extinguishers
- The use of hoses, nozzles and hose equipment
- Extinguishing different types of fire
- Testing and using BA equipment
Candidates must be fit and able to complete all aspects of training. This course is physically demanding so candidates are required to complete a medical declaration prior to the commencement of the course.
Upon successful completion, candidates are issued with an MCA approved STCW Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention certificate.