OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) Course Overview
Delegates undertaking the Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) Training will receive the following:
(1) Understand the importance of pre-planning for and the main elements of the response requirement for a range of helideck and helicopter emergencies.
(2) Understand the importance of emergency response practice via onshore training and offshore drills.
(3) Understand the requirement for different types of emergency response systems and controls.
(4) Understand how the limited emergency response capability on an Normally Unattended Installation (NUI) can affect NUI helideck emergency response.
(5) The roles and responsibilities of both the HERTL and the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a helicopter-related emergency.
(6) Understanding the human factors issues during emergencies and how to manage them.
(7) Leading the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a range of typical helideck simulated emergency scenarios – some of which involve live fires, in a safe and controlled manner.
PLEASE NOTE – Delegates who the updating/refresher version of the HERTL course – Further Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (FHERTL) – should click the link provided.
1. A valid OPITO Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT) certificate
2. A valid OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member Certificate or A valid OPITO Further Helideck Emergency Response Team Member Certificate
For UKCS Operations only – a valid OPITO Further Helideck Emergency Response Team Member Certificate AND A valid Radio Operators Certificate of Competence (ROCC) – UKCS Operations only.
They must possess a valid, current offshore medical certificate or an operator approved medical certificate and complete an appropriate medical screening form issued prior to training by us.
Delegates are issued with an OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Certificate.