BOSIET Training with CA-EBS and EBS Course Overview
The OPITO approved BOSIET course (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training), comprising both CA-EBS (Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System) and EBS elements, provides delegates with a range of knowledge and skills relevant to traveling offshore by helicopter and working offshore. The BOSIET course covers 4 main areas:
- Safety Induction
- Firefighting and Self Rescue
- Sea Survival with First Aid Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (including CA-EBS & EBS)
This offshore survival BOSIET course has been specifically designed to meet the Aviation Regulation requirements the UK / North Sea and Internationally.
NOTE – Those who require UK & North Sea only should refer to our BOSIET with CA-EBS course
This type of training is also referred to as ‘The RGIT’ which refers to The Robert Gordon Institute of Technology where it began.
The BOSIET course should be taken by delegates looking to enter the offshore market for the first time, or those delegates whose previous safety training has lapsed beyond the refresher date of every 4 years
We also offer the following offshore training packages for delegates at the beginning of the training cycle:
To see our FOET (often referred to as BOSIET Refresher Training) and standalone HUET training course offerings, click on the links below:
BOSIET with CA-EBS and EBS Course Content:
At the end of the BOSIET training course delegates should be able to do the following:
- Identify hazards specific to the offshore oil and gas industry and the potential risks associated with those hazards as well as understand how controls are put in place to prevent those risks.
- Understand key offshore safety regulations and basic safety management concepts.
- Use safety equipment and follow procedures in preparation for and during helicopter emergencies with a specific focus on escaping from a helicopter after ditching.
- Demonstrate first aid and sea survival techniques.
- Demonstrate the effective use of basic firefighting equipment as well as self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations including smoke-filled areas.
Please note that from the 26th March 2018, new entry requirements will be implemented for this course. You will now be required to hold a full OGUK offshore medical and an OGUK ‘Fit to Train’ / ‘Non Fit to Train’ certificate. Evidence of these documents will need to be produced on the day of training at CTS.
Click here for further details – https://www.opito.com/media/downloads/category-a-ebs-in-bosietfoet-training-programmes-faqs.pdf
Alternatively, a valid and unrestricted ENG1 ‘medical fitness certificate to work at sea’ may be produced on the day of BOSIET training.
Certification from Completion of BOSIET:
Delegates are issued with OPITO approved BOSIET training with CA-EBS and BOSIET training with EBS certificates upon completion of course.