OPITO Further Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (FOERTM) Course Overview
Further Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (FOERTM) training is aimed at existing offshore emergency team members that are required to revalidate their OPITO Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM) certification by completing training scenarios which they are unable to undertake offshore.
For those delegates who don’t already possess the original OPITO Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (ORETM) qualification, you can click the link provided to be directed to this course.
FOERTM Course Overview:
The Further Offshore Emergency Response Team Member training programme is for personnel who are appointed to the role of an Offshore Emergency Response Team Member, and are required to undertake the following duties in the event of an emergency:
- Entering and working in the fire incident area using safe working practices and site-specific procedures
- Locating and recovering casualties
- Appropriate selection and use of portable firefighting equipment to extinguish fires
- Extinguishing a fire and/or securing an area
- Conducting breathing apparatus operations during incidents
- Responding to a confined space incident
- Responding to an incident involving personnel working at height
- Maintaining effective communications techniques
The course will provide both a practical and theoretical mixture
Delegates must possess one of the following:
In order to undertake this training course, delegates are also required to hold a valid/current offshore medical certificate OR an operator approved medical certificate.
Delegates are issued with an OPITO Further Offshore Emergency Response Team Member Certificate upon completion