GWO First Aid Refresher Training Course Overview
The aim of this BSTR (Basic Safety Training Refresher) First Aid module is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills from BST First Aid through theoretical and practical training so that delegates can administer safe and effective first aid in the wind industry in accordance with GWO BST/BSTR First Aid training.
You can also find our 2 day GWO Basic First Aid Training Course by clicking the link provided.
At the end of the module, delegates should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines.
- Identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body.
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment.
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving first aid using the Primary Survey A – B – C.
- Demonstrate correct use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- Demonstrate correct use of Ordinary First Aid, the Secondary Survey.
- Demonstrate correct use of first aid equipment in a first aid scenario.
Prerequisite required to undertake this course – a current GWO Basic First Aid Training certificate
All delegates are issued with a GWO Approved First Aid Refresher certificate.