The target group for the FOERTL Training are existing offshore emergency team leaders that are required to refresh/revalidate their OPITO OERTL certification by completing training scenarios which they are unable undertake offshore.
NOTE – Those requiring the initial ENTRY LEVEL course for the Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader, please visit our course page below:
Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader (OERTL)
By the end of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Carryout emergency response planning effectively, including requirements for PPE, setting priorities and objectives to the response teams
- Monitor human and environmental factors during an emergency
- Carryout dynamic risk assessments
- Delegate tasks to the Offshore Emergency Response Team (OERT) effectively
- Communicate effectively with relevant emergency response personnel
- Lead the OERT in a clear and confident manner
- Look for and respond accordingly to signs of stress in individual ERT members during the emergency
- Effectively monitor breathing apparatus (BA) control
- Lead the OERT during fire and non-fire incidents effectively
- Conduct missing persons and casualty management effectively during the emergency
Please note that during practical exercises, delegates must be able to act as a Team Member, when not in the role of the Team Leader.
A valid Initial OPITO Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader (OERTL) certificate OR a valid Further OPITO OERTL Training certificate
Delegates are issued with an OPITO Further Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader Certificate upon completion.