GWO Fire Awareness Training Course Overview
The aim of our GWO BST (Basic Safety Training) Fire Awareness Training course is to give delegates the skills and knowledge needed to prevent fires and manage evacuations safely in offshore environments.
You will be guided on the appropriate judgement to use when evaluating fires. In the event that a potential fire becomes unmanageable, we will guide you on how to efficiently extinguish it, providing it is safe to do so, using basic handheld fire fighting equipment.
If you are looking to refresh/revalidate your existing GWO Fire Awareness training, visit this area: GWO Fire Awareness Refresher Safety Training Course
If you are looking to undertake all 5 initial GWO training entry elements, visit: GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) Package – Offshore
At the end of the GWO Fire Awareness Training course, delegates should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the related dangers.
- Identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment (WTE).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a WTE, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures.
- Demonstrate correct actions for discovering a fire including correct use and fire extinguishing using firefighting equipment in a wind turbine generator.