OPITO Further Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (FHERTL) Course Overview
This training is designed for currently appointed OPITO certified HERTL’s that are required to revalidate their OPITO HERTL certification by refreshing and updating their knowledge and skills in aspects of their role that they cannot practice in the workplace.
PLEASE NOTE – Delegates who have not yet gained their initial Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) qualification, should click the link provided.
FHERTL Course Content:
Delegates undertaking the Further Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (FHERTL) Training will receive the following:
(1) Understand the importance of pre-planning for and the main elements of the response requirement for a range of helideck and helicopter emergencies.
(2) Understand the importance of emergency response practice via onshore training and offshore drills.
(3) Understand the requirement for different types of emergency response systems and controls.
(4) Understand how the limited emergency response capability on a Normally Unattended Installation (NUI) can affect NUI helideck emergency response.
(5) The roles and responsibilities of both the HERTL and the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a helicopter-related emergency.
(6) Understanding the human factors issues during emergencies and how to manage them.
(7) Leading the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a range of typical helideck simulated emergency scenarios – some of which involve live fires, in a safe and controlled manner.
A valid OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Training (HERTL) Certificate
A valid OPITO Further Helideck Emergency Response Team