GWO Fire Awareness Refresher Training Course Overview
Delivery of the Fire Awareness Refresher module covers same content, duration, learning objectives as described in BST (Basic Safety Training) Fire Awareness.
The aim of this course is to give the delegates the basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to prevent fires, conduct initial and appropriate judgement when evaluating a fire, manage evacuation of personnel to ensure all are safely evacuated and accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire and, if it is judged to be safe, to efficiently extinguish an initial fire by using basic handheld firefighting equipment.
You can also find our 1/2 day GWO Basic Fire Awareness Safety Training Course by clicking the link provided.
At the end of the module, delegates should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the related dangers.
- Identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures.
- Demonstrate correct actions for discovering a fire including correct use and fire extinguishing using firefighting equipment in a wind turbine generator.
Prerequisite required to undertake course – a current GWO Basic Fire Awareness Training certificate
All delegates are issued with a GWO Approved Fire Awareness Refresher certificate.