GWO Fire Awareness Refresher Training Course Overview
Our GWO Fire Awareness Refresher module covers the same content, duration, learning objectives as described in BST (Basic Safety Training) Fire Awareness.
You will be guided in this course on the appropriate judgement to use when evaluating fires. In the event that a potential fire becomes unmanageable, we will guide you on how to efficiently extinguish it, providing it is safe to do so, using basic handheld fire fighting equipment.
If you are looking to undertake initial entry training in this area, visit this page: GWO Fire Awareness Training Course
For those looking to refresh/revalidate all 5 Basic Safety Training (BST) elements, visit: GWO Refresher Training Package – Offshore
At the end of the module, delegates should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the related dangers.
- Identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures.
- Demonstrate correct actions for discovering a fire including correct use and fire extinguishing using firefighting equipment in a wind turbine generator.