BOSIET with CA-EBS Course Overview
The OPITO approved BOSIET training course with CA-EBS (Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System), provides delegates with a range of knowledge and skills relevant to traveling offshore by helicopter and working offshore. The course covers 4 main areas:
- Safety Induction Training
- Firefighting and Self Rescue Training
- Sea Survival with First Aid Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (CA-EBS)
This course has been specifically designed to meet the Aviation Regulation requirements the UK/North Sea.
NOTE – Those who require UK, North Sea and International coverage should refer to our Combined BOSIET with CA-EBS / EBS course
This type of training is also referred to as ‘The RGIT’ which refers to The Robert Gordon Institute of Technology where it began.
The BOSIET course should be taken by delegates looking to enter the offshore market for the first time, or those delegates whose previous safety training has lapsed beyond the refresher date of every 4 years
We also offer the following training packages for delegates at the beginning of the training cycle:
To see our FOET (often referred to as BOSIET Refresher) and standalone HUET training course offerings, click on the links below:
BOSIET with CA-EBS Course Content:
At the end of the BOSIET with CA-EBS training course delegates should be able to do the following:
- Identify hazards specific to the offshore oil and gas industry and the potential risks associated with those hazards as well as understand how controls are put in place to prevent those risks.
- Understand key offshore safety regulations and basic safety management concepts.
- Use safety equipment and follow procedures in preparation for and during helicopter emergencies with a specific focus on escaping from a helicopter after ditching.
- Demonstrate first aid and sea survival techniques.
- Demonstrate the effective use of basic firefighting equipment as well as self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations including smoke-filled areas.
Entry Requirements for BOSIET Training:
Please note that from the 26th March 2018, new entry requirements will be implemented for this course. You will now be required to hold a full OGUK offshore medical and an OGUK ‘Fit to Train’ / ‘Non Fit to Train’ certificate. Evidence of these documents will need to be produced on the day of training at CTS.
Click here for further details – https://www.opito.com/media/downloads/category-a-ebs-in-bosietfoet-training-programmes-faqs.pdf
Alternatively, a valid and unrestricted ENG1 ‘medical fitness certificate to work at sea’ may be produced on the day of BOSIET training.
Certification on completion of BOSIET:
Delegates are issued with OPITO approved BOSIET with CA-EBS certificate upon completion of course.