STCW Tanker Fire Fighting
STCW 2010 Approved Maritime Training, Fire Fighting
Learn about fire fighting and operations on board tankers (oil, chemical, liquefied gas) with our STCW Tanker Fire Fighting course. This STCW 2010 course meets the essential knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements set out in Tables A-V/1-1-1 and A/V/1-2-1 for oil and chemical tankers and liquefied gas tanker cargo.
By the end of the training the candidate will be able to carry out fire fighting operations on board tankers. Here's a breakdown below:
- They will be able to describe typical tanker fire response and fire fighting organisation and procedures
- Identify the special hazards associated with cargo handling and transportation of hazardous and noxious liquids and liquefied gases in bulk
- Carry out the initial actions on discovering a fire
- Describe the correct fire fighting agents used to extinguish oil, chemical and liquefied gas fires
- Describe the use of fixed deck fire fighting equipment including dry powder and foam
- Demonstrate as a team member use of the deck foam monitor and use of a deck dry power installation
- Demonstrate and use portable fire fighting foam equipment
- Describe spill containment in relation to fire fighting operations
Upon successful completion of the training, all candidates are issued with an MCA approved certificate.
Those undertaking this training course must have completed STCW Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention or be in the process of completing it or similar training acceptable to the MCA. Learners must be fit to participate in the physically demanding aspects of the training - we may consider asking for proof of an up-to-date ENG 1 medical in order to prove candidate fitness.
If you are a corporate customer and would like to open an account with us, please call 0141 427 9411
Clyde Training Solutions are also happy to assist with accommodation bookings at local partner hotels. Please call us to find out more details about them.