STCW Proficiency for Ship Security Officer
Health, Safety & Security, STCW 2010 Approved Maritime Training
This training course is intended to meet the requirements set out in Regulation VI/5 and Section A-VI/5 of the STCW Code and relevant UK legislation and is based on the MCA / MNTB ship security officer specifications.
Approved by the MCA, it has been designed to give delegates a full understanding of the STCW Code, how to implement the Code and related legislation to fulfil the documentation requirements and maintain an effective security system for their operation.
The course includes:
- Maintenance, supervision and implementation of a ship security plan
- Assess security risk, threat and vulnerability
- Ship inspections
- Proper operation of equipment
- Security awareness and vigilance
Upon successful completion of the training candidates will receive an STCW certificate of Proficiency for Ship Security Officers.
Please Note: This course is run in conjunction with our approved training partners
Those undertaking this STCW 2010 training course must have either:
- Approved seagoing service of 12 months or more
- The discretion of the MCA - appropriate sea service (minimum three months) and knowledge of ships operations to enable them to achieve the objectives of the training
On completion of the training, trainees are able to undertake the duties and responsibilities of a Ship Security Officer.
We also provide the following Security courses:
- STCW Proficiency for Seafarers with designated Security Duties
- STCW Proficiency in Maritime Security Awareness
If you are a corporate customer and would like to open an account with us, please call 0141 427 9411
Clyde Training Solutions are also happy to assist with accommodation bookings at local partner hotels. Please call us to find out more details about them.