STCW Advanced Fire Fighting
STCW 2010 Approved Maritime Training, Fire Fighting
This advanced course is designed for those designated to control fire fighting operations on board a ship with particular attention paid to organisation, tactics and command.
The course involves a mixture of both practical and theoretical training including:
- Fire fighting procedures at sea and in port
- The use of water for fire fighting and the effect on ship stability
- Communication and teamwork during fire fighting operations
- Control of ventilation, fuel and electrical systems
- Fire precautions and hazards
- Management of injured persons
- Procedures for coordination with shore-based fire fighters
- Actions taken to control fire
- The order of priority
- Transmission of information
- Personal safety
Upon successful completion of the course, all candidates are issued with an STCW Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate.
Those undertaking this training course must have completed STCW Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention or similar training acceptable to the MCA.
Candidates must be fit and able to complete all aspects of training. This STCW 2010 course is physically demanding and candidates are required to complete a medical declaration prior to course commencement.
If you are a corporate customer and would like to open an account with us, please call 0141 427 9411
Clyde Training Solutions are also happy to assist with accommodation bookings at local partner hotels. Please call us to find out more details about them.