RYA SHORT-RANGE RADIO COURSE (SRC)
Royal Yachting Association
Mandatory course requirement for any voluntary VHF radio user. Delivering a working knowledge of maritime radio systems in situations including distress, assistance required (urgency) and navigational interest (safety). Awareness of correct routine communication practice.
The course price also includes the final exam and registration fee.
NOTE - If you would like to view our RYA Dayskipper Basic course please click on the following link - RYA Day Skipper Basic Course
At the end of the course, delegates will have covered the following:
- VHF radio operation and channel use.
- Correct transmitting and receiving procedures for distress, urgency and safety.
- Use of DSC (Digital Selective Calling).
- Awareness of Navtex, EPIRB and SART devices.
- Correct speech techniques and vocabulary.
Delegates must be at least 16 years old. There are no pre-requisites in terms of previous training, however, it is important that prior to the course the key subject areas are studied by the delegate. These key subject areas will be supplied by Clyde Training Solutions.
Delegates passing the theory and practical assessment will be able to apply for an RYA SRC.