OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member
OPITO Offshore Training Courses
The aim of the Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) Training programme is to equip offshore personnel with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to perform an Emergency Response Team Member role in offshore helideck and helicopter emergencies.
The main objectives are for delegates to understand the role and responsibilities of a Helideck Emergency Response Team Member and practice responding to a variety of helideck firefighting and non-firefighting emergency scenarios in a training environment.
Those delegates who already hold this qualification and require the Further Helideck Emergency Response Team Member should click the link provided.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the key roles and responsibilities of the HERTM.
- Understand helideck ERP’s and potential helideck emergencies.
- Understand helideck emergency systems and controls.
- Understand the main differences between helideck emergency response on a main fixed or floating installation and a normally unattended installation (NUI).
- Perform exercises in response to helideck emergencies, which includes the following
- Communications as a team and to the team leader
- Responding to the directions of the team leader
- Assessing the situation and adapting to any change in circumstance
- Operate specialised firefighting equipment.
- Correct use of SCBA in a multitude of different emergency based helideck scenarios.
- Perform effective Search and Rescue (SAR) principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate correct technique for handling casualties.
A valid OPITO Helideck Operations Initial Training Certificate
A valid, current offshore medical certificate OR an operator approved medical certificate.
All delegates receive an OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member Certificate.
If you are a corporate customer and would like to open an account with us, please call us on 0141 427 9411 or email
Clyde Training Solutions are also happy to assist with accommodation bookings at local partner hotels.