OPITO Further Helideck Emergency Response Team Member
This training is suitable for currently-appointed OPITO-certified HERTMs that need to revalidate their OPITO HERTM certification by refreshing and updating their knowledge and skills in aspects of their role that they cannot practice in the workplace.
Those delegates who already hold this qualification and require the OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member should head over to that page.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Perform exercises in response to helideck emergencies, which includes the following
- Communications as a team and to the team leader
- Responding to the directions of the team leader
- Assessing the situation and adapting to any change in circumstance
- Operate specialised firefighting equipment.
- Correct use of SCBA in a multitude of different emergency based helideck scenarios.
- Perform effective Search and Rescue (SAR) principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate correct technique for handling casualties.
A valid OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member Training Certificate or a valid OPITO HERTM Further Training Certificate.
A valid, current offshore medical certificate OR an operator approved medical certificate.
All delegates receive an OPITO Further Helideck Emergency Response Team Member Certificate.
If you are a corporate customer and would like to open an account with us, please call us on 0141 427 9411 or email
Clyde Training Solutions are also happy to assist with accommodation bookings at local partner hotels.