It has been identified through collaboration between the Offshore Oil and Gas and Maritime Industries that there are several corresponding areas of training between the STCW95/2010 Basic Safety Training and the OPITO BOSIET with CA-EBS.
In order to allow employees who currently work within the Maritime industry, and hold the necessary safety certificates, to transfer or also work within areas deemed to be within the Offshore Oil and Gas sector, this package has been developed to avoid unnecessary duplication of initial basic survival training content.
PLEASE NOTE – This package deal includes the following elements:
- BOSIET with CA-EBS (STCW 95 / 2010 Conversion)
- MIST (Minimum Industry Safety Training)
- Shoulder Width Measurement
For those already in possession of a MIST certificate – which is a prerequisite for the BOSIET with CA-EBS (STCW 95 / 2010 Conversion) element – CTS offers a standalone version of the practical training:
This Maritime to Offshore Conversion Package covers the following areas:
BOSIET with CA-EBS (STCW 95 / 2010 Conversion) Practical Training (1 Day):
- Safety Induction Training
- Firefighting and Self Rescue Training
- Sea Survival with First Aid Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (CA-EBS)
MIST Training (2-Days):
At the end of this element, delegates should be able to explain and demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- Major accident hazards in the offshore industry
- Workplace hazards and personal safety
- Risk management
- Control of work
- Helicopter safety
Shoulder Width Measurement (1/4 Day):
Guidelines state that all passengers travelling to North Sea Installations are required to sit in a seat where the nearest Push-out emergency exit window is compatible with their body size, and a helicopter Bideltoid measurement service – commonly known as shoulder width measurement – is required to make this assessment.
At the end of the Maritime to Offshore Conversion Package, delegates should be able to do the following:
- Identify hazards specific to the offshore oil and gas industry and the potential risks associated with those hazards as well as understand how controls are put in place to prevent those risks.
- Understand key offshore safety regulations and basic safety management concepts.
- Use safety equipment and follow procedures in preparation for and during helicopter emergencies with a specific focus on escaping from a helicopter after ditching.
- Demonstrate first aid and sea survival techniques.
- Demonstrate the effective use of basic firefighting equipment as well as self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations including smoke-filled areas.
Please note that entry to this training package requires valid certification in STCW Basic Safety Training:
You must hold a valid STCW Certification in the following areas:
An alternate option is a valid certificate in the following areas:
You are required to hold a full OGUK offshore medical and an OGUK ‘Fit to Train’ / ‘Non Fit to Train’ certificate. Evidence of these documents will need to be produced on the day of training at CTS.
Click here for further details – https://www.opito.com/media/downloads/category-a-ebs-in-bosietfoet-training-programmes-faqs.pdf
Alternatively, a valid and unrestricted ENG1 ‘medical fitness certificate to work at sea’ may be produced on the day of BOSIET training.
Delegates are issued with OPITO approved BOSIET with CA-EBS certificate, MIST and Shoulder Width Measurement certificates upon completion of course.