GWO Basic First Aid Training
GWO Renewables Training
The aim of this course is to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment, through theoretical and practical training.
You can also find our 1 day GWO First Aid Refresher Training Course by clicking the link provided.
At the end of the module, delegates should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines.
- Identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illnesses related to the human body.
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment.
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving first aid using the Primary Survey A - B – C.
- Demonstrate correct use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- Demonstrate correct use of Ordinary First Aid, the Secondary Survey.
- Demonstrate correct use of first aid equipment in a first aid scenario.
Candidates must be fit and able to complete all aspects of training.
All delegates are issued with a GWO Approved First Aid certificate.