GWO Basic Fire Awareness Safety Training
The aim of this course is to give the delegates the basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to prevent fires, conduct initial and appropriate judgement when evaluating a fire, manage evacuation of personnel to ensure all are safely evacuated and accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire and, if it is judged to be safe, to efficiently extinguish an initial fire by using basic handheld firefighting equipment.
You can also find our 1/2 day GWO Fire Awareness Refresher Safety Training Course but clicking the link.
At the end of the module, delegates should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the related dangers.
- Identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment (WTE).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a WTE, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures.
- Demonstrate correct actions for discovering a fire including correct use and fire extinguishing using firefighting equipment in a wind turbine generator.
Candidates must be fit and able to complete all aspects of training.
All delegates are issued with a GWO Approved Fire Awareness certificate.