ECDIS Type Specific
The course has been laid out following the requirements of the ISM code section 6.3. The training course has been approved by the equipment manufacturer Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine and held as per the requirements in Chapter II Section A-II-1 and A-II/2 of the International Convention of Standards on Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for seafarers, 1978, as amended.
This equipment specific training will concentrate on the functionality and effective use of the system on board.
The training will cover the following areas:
- Familiarisation with available functions.
- Familiarisation with the menu structure.
- Display setup.
- Setting of safety values.
- Recognition of alarms and malfunction indicators and the actions to be taken.
- Route planning.
- Route monitoring.
- Changing over the backup systems.
- Loading charges and licenses.
- Updating of software.
Delegates should hold a deck certificate of competency at an operational level and have attended an ECDIS Generic course that meets the approved requirements of the IMO Model course 1.27.