Confined Space Awareness And Gas Detection
STCW 2010 Approved Maritime Training
This aims and objectives of this one day training programme are to give the candidate sufficient knowledge and awareness to be able to identify what is a confined space, evaluate any potential hazards prior to entering the confined space and to be able to successfully carry out gas testing for various gasses.
- Introduction to confined space legislation and guidance
- Identifying a confined space
- Hazardous atmospheres
- Occupational Exposure Limits
- Common factors associated with injuries in confined spaces
- Confined space entry procedures
- Gas detection and gas detection equipment
- Specialist equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Rescue equipment
Candidates will undergo written assessments to demonstrate knowledge retention across the training programme.
All candidates will complete a short, written assessment paper using the short answer / multiple choice question method of assessment to demonstrate knowledge retention across the training programme.
There are no pre-requisites for this training programme. This training programme is suitable for both experienced and non-experienced personnel.
Upon successful completion all delegates will receive a Clyde Training Solutions Confined Space Awareness and Gas Detection certificate.