Certificate Of Proficiency In Fast Rescue Boats (PFRB)
STCW 2010 Approved Maritime Training
The Certificate of Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats (PFRB) is a practical training course for seafarers who are required to take charge of a fast rescue boat and any crew on a Merchant Navy vessel who make up part of the FRB crew.
Day 1 and 2: City of Glasgow College Riverside Campus (Glasgow).
Day 3: Half day at City of Glasgow College Riverside Campus (Glasgow) and half day at Clyde Training Solutions (Clydebank, G81 1UF). Transport will be available for candidates to make the round trip to Clydebank.
- The construction and outfitting of fast rescue boat and associated equipment.
- Take charge of the fast rescue boat, launching equipment, release mechanism(s) and associated appliances during launching and recovery.
- The routine maintenance procedures for fast rescue boats and measures for contingency repairs.
- The procedures for use of a fast rescue boat in casualty recovery operations.
- Take charge of a fast rescue boat to effect search and rescue operations.
- How to prevent and manage capsize situations.
- Candidates must have obtained a Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats).
- Candidates must be fit to participate in all aspects of the training as some of the practical aspects of the training are physically demanding in nature. If unsure as to an individual’s ability to participate in such exercises, the candidate may consider applying for a UK ENG1 medical certificate, or equivalent.
- 18th June 2018
- 17th September 2018
- 19th November 2018
- 25th February 2019
- 20th May 2019
For more details and to book please call 0141 427 9411 or email