It has been identified through collaboration between the Offshore Oil and Gas and Maritime Industries that there are several corresponding areas of training between the STCW95/2010 Basic Safety Training and the OPITO BOSIET with CA-EBS.
In order to allow employees who currently work within the Maritime industry, and hold the necessary safety certificates, to transfer or also work within areas deemed to be within the Offshore Oil and Gas sector, this standard has been developed to avoid unnecessary duplication of initial basic survival training content.
PLEASE NOTE – Anyone undertaking this standalone course must be in possession of a valid OPITO MIST or OPITO I-MIST certificate.
For those not already in possession of this certificate, CTS offers a package deal, which includes MIST and Shoulder Width Measurement, at a substantially discounted price:
This BOSIET with CA-EBS (STCW 95 / 2010 Conversion) course covers 4 main areas:
- Safety Induction Training
- Firefighting and Self Rescue Training
- Sea Survival with First Aid Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (CA-EBS)
At the end of the BOSIET with CA-EBS (STCW 95 / 2010 Conversion) training course, delegates should be able to do the following:
- Identify hazards specific to the offshore oil and gas industry and the potential risks associated with those hazards as well as understand how controls are put in place to prevent those risks.
- Understand key offshore safety regulations and basic safety management concepts.
- Use safety equipment and follow procedures in preparation for and during helicopter emergencies with a specific focus on escaping from a helicopter after ditching.
- Demonstrate first aid and sea survival techniques.
- Demonstrate the effective use of basic firefighting equipment as well as self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations including smoke-filled areas.
Please note that this version on the BOSIET with CA-EBS requires valid certification in STCW Basic Safety Training, and additional OPITO training.
You must hold a valid STCW Certification in the following areas:
An alternate option is a valid certificate in the following areas:
In addition to the above prerequisites, you will also require a valid OPITO MIST or a valid OPITO I-MIST certificate.
You are required to hold a full OGUK offshore medical and an OGUK ‘Fit to Train’ / ‘Non Fit to Train’ certificate. Evidence of these documents will need to be produced on the day of training at CTS.
Click here for further details – https://www.opito.com/media/downloads/category-a-ebs-in-bosietfoet-training-programmes-faqs.pdf
Alternatively, a valid and unrestricted ENG1 ‘medical fitness certificate to work at sea’ may be produced on the day of BOSIET training.
Delegates are issued with OPITO approved BOSIET with CA-EBS certificate upon completion of course.