BOSIET Training with CA-EBS and EBS
OPITO Offshore Training Courses
The OPITO approved BOSIET training course, comprising both CA-EBS (Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System) and EBS elements, provides delegates with a range of knowledge and skills relevant to travelling offshore by helicopter and working offshore. The course covers 4 main areas:
• Safety Induction
• Firefighting and Self Rescue
• Sea Survival with First Aid
• Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (including CA-EBS & EBS)
This course has been specifically designed to meet the Aviation Regulation requirements the UK / North Sea and Internationally.
This type of training is also referred to as 'The RGIT' which refers to The Robert Gordon Institute of Technology where it began.
The BOSIET course should be taken by delegates looking to enter the offshore market for the first time, or those delegates whose previous safety training has lapsed beyond the refresher date of every 4 years
We also offer the following packages for delegates at the beginning of the training cycle:
- Offshore Training Package - comprising BOSIET & MIST training elements
- Total Offshore Training Package - comprising BOSIET, MIST, Escape Chute Training & Shoulder Width Measurement
To see our FOET (often referred to as BOSIET Refresher) and standalone HUET training course offerings, click on the links below:
At the end of the BOSIET training course delegates should be able to do the following:
- Identify hazards specific to the offshore oil and gas industry and the potential risks associated with those hazards as well as understand how controls are put in place to prevent those risks.
- Understand key offshore safety regulations and basic safety management concepts.
- Use safety equipment and follow procedures in preparation for and during helicopter emergencies with a specific focus on escaping from a helicopter after ditching.
- Demonstrate first aid and sea survival techniques.
- Demonstrate the effective use of basic firefighting equipment as well as self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations including smoke-filled areas.
All delegates are issued with OPITO approved BOSIET training with CA-EBS and BOSIET training with EBS certificates upon completion of course.
If you are a corporate customer and would like to open an account with us, please call us on 0141 427 9411 or email
Clyde Training Solutions are also happy to assist with accommodation bookings at local partner hotels.