A new purpose built training facility with dedicated deep water pool
Full STCW, MCA and offshore approved and mandated courses
Clyde Training Solutions is a unique centre of excellence dedicated to the delivery of mandatory and industry enhancing offshore, maritime and renewables training courses – making it the only one of its kind in Central and Lowland Scotland.
This is the latest in the range of services offered by The Clyde Group and builds upon existing services provided by Clyde Marine Training, which has been providing industry recognised and certified training courses for marine personnel since 2005 as part of its Short Courses division, in addition to its core function of being the No.1 training provider for the British Merchant Navy, recruiting approximately 50% of the annual Trainee Officer intake.
The success of the Short Courses division, however, in terms of volume of delegates and courses led to the creation of this purpose built training centre in Clydebank in 2016 - the heartland of Scotland’s shipbuilding past, present and future.
The centre offers basic to advanced courses for the marine, offshore and renewables sectors and is certified to deliver STCW, MCA, MNTB, OPITO & GWO approved and mandated courses, all under the same roof!
- Approved by the MCA and MNTB to deliver Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers courses - or STCW as it is more commonly known - visit our STCW 2010 Basic Training & STCW 2010 Refresher Training pages to see all available courses
- Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organisation (OPITO) certification for a number of Offshore Survival Training courses - visit our OPITO Offshore Survival Training course page to see a full list
- Global Wind Organisation (GWO) accredited courses for the Renewables sector
Specialist courses which require specific simulation equipment to deliver realistic real-life scenarios are provided on-site. These courses utilise the following equipment:
- Deep-water training pool
- HUET (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training)
- Fire training ground complete with module training stack
- Helideck, complete with multiple foam monitors and access points
We believe all of this establishes the facility as being the leader in its field that can influence and enhance competency standards.
As well as the training side of things there's also a kitchen on-site serving hot meals - we really have thought of everything.