STCW Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention
Fire Fighting, STCW 2010 Approved Maritime Training
STCW Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention is designed to provide those seeking/requiring Certificates of Competence, able seafarers, UK watch ratings and others with specified survival duties on board a ship with the essential education and training in fire prevention and fire fighting which meets the knowledge, understanding and proficiency set out in the STCW code.
This STCW 2010 course provides both a practical and theoretical mixture of training which includes:
- Fire theory
- Causes of ignition
- Onboard safety
- The conditions required for fire
- Methods to extinguish fire
- The spread of fire
- Classes of fire
- Carrying out the initial actions on discovering a fire
- Identifying the environment
- Correctly using portable and mobile fire extinguishers
- The use of hoses, nozzles and hose equipment
- Extinguishing different types of fire
- Testing and using BA equipment
Upon successful completion, all candidates are issued with an MCA approved STCW Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention certificate.
Candidates must be fit and able to complete all aspects of training. This course is physically demanding so candidates are required to complete a medical declaration prior to the commencement of the course.
Clyde Training Solutions is also happy to assist with accommodation bookings at local partner hotels. Please call us to find out more details about them.