STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA)
STCW 2010 Approved Maritime Training
STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA) is designed to form part of the minimum Basic Safety Training programme for seafarers.
The aim of the course is to give all persons intending to go to sea a basic knowledge of the immediate action to be taken upon encountering an accident or other medical emergencies at sea.
The course covers:
- Applying immediate first aid in the event of an accident/injury on board ship
- Actions on discovering a casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Recovery position
- Spinal injuries
- Examination of a casualty
- Medical conditions including heart attack, choking & asthma
- Treatment of bleeding, burns & shock
- Transporting a casualty on board ship
Upon successful completion of the course, all candidates are awarded an MCA approved STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA) certificate.
Candidates must be fit and able to complete all aspects of training.
Clyde Training Solutions is also happy to assist with accommodation bookings at local partner hotels. Please call us to find out more details about them.