OPITO Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM)
OPITO Offshore Training Courses
OPITO Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM) initial training programme gives delegates the opportunity to gain the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding required to carry out the role of offshore emergency response team member in the event of a fire.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Define the role of the emergency response team member and understand the key responsibilities.
- Understand the importance of having Offshore Emergency Response (OER) arrangements and procedures in place.
- Understand why it’s necessary to have offshore emergency response procedures.
- Identify hazards and risk mitigation associated with typical offshore fire and non-fire incidents.
- Understand the purpose of fixed fire systems offshore including its performance capability and limitations.
- Identify the emergency response Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for the Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM).
- Demonstrate the ability to approach an incident area in a controlled manner under the instruction of the Offshore Emergency Responce Team leader (OERTL) while continually assessing how the changes in the emergency could impact on the safety of other OER team members.
- Respond appropriately to OERTL instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Use safe working practices and follow site-specific procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to select and use portable firefighting equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to select, operate and flush foam firefighting equipment.
- Extinguish a fire and secure an area.
- Conduct breathing apparatus operations in accordance with safe practices.
- Conduct effective search and rescue operations during emergencies.
- Demonstrate correct casualty handling and recovery techniques.
Clyde Training Solutions is also happy to assist with accommodation bookings at local partner hotels. Please ask about them when calling.