Basic Fire Awareness
Fire Fighting, Health, Safety & Security
This course is designed for any seafarer who requires basic fire training, allowing them to enhance fire safety on board a ship and to understand the procedures that are required to be followed to ensure that candidates are confident in the event of a fire on board.
It includes both practical and theoretical aspects of fire safety and at the end of the course, there's a short exam.
The course covers:
- Understand the spread of fire and explosion
- The actions required on the discovery of a fire or the event of fire alarm activation
- Identifying and becoming familiar with the fire fighting equipment available
- The safe and effective use of portable fire fighting equipment
- Fire prevention measures onboard
- Fire fighting plans on board
Upon successful completion of the training, candidates are issued with a Basic Fire Fighting certificate.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Clyde Training Solutions is also happy to assist with accommodation bookings at local partner hotels. Please call us to find out more details about them.